Steel System by Spantec™ (Bearers & Joists)
Spantec™ has developed the Boxspan® system with two items in mind:
1 – Flooring systems are often more difficult than the rest of the build as theya re not pre-febricated like most other frame components.
2 – As the floor is the platform for the whole house, it is important to get it up quickly, effeciently and right.
As the only specialist floor frame supplier in Australia, Spantec® has address these two issues by continueing development to make what was already the simplest system, quicker and easier to build
BoxSpan® Offers great benefits
- Straight and true to size
- Terminte resistant
- Fire resistant
Truth is a house frame made from steel is an investment in your family’s future.
Steel is 100% termite proof. Steel won’t warp, sag or shrink, reducing the risk of cracked walls, jambing doors and wavy rooflines. Your home is your biggest investment – make sure you protect it with a house frame made from steel.
Remember, you do have a choice when it comes to choosing a frame for your home.
- TERMITE RESISTANCE: How many termited have you meet that eat steel? Also resistance to bore attack, which provides you with peace of mind.
- LARGE SPANS: Structural strength of steel allows for excellent spanning ability – large open living areas can be designed and enjoyed
- DIMENSIONAL STABILITY: Correctly install steel frames are stright and true so they wont warp, twist, sag or shrink – minimising the chances of jamming doors, sticking windows, cracked cornice, sagging and wavy roofslines. Internal walls stay perfectly straight
- COMPATIBILITY: Steel frames are compatible with all interior floor, wall and celiing lining materials. Easy Fixing of linings with modern screws and nails
- CORROSION RESISTANCE: BlueScope Zincalume steel is corrosion resistant
- EASY TO PUT TOGETHER: Everywall frame and truss is clearly labelled and numbered for easy assembly
- CHOOSE YOUR FLOOR: Steel building systems are compatible with concrete slab or a steel flooring system
- LIGHTWEIGHT: The frames and trusses can easily be lifted by a single person. This enables faster erection and easier onsite handling
- SERVICES ACCESS: pre punched holes through studs and noggings allow for electrical cables and plumbing to be roughed in without drilling through the frame
COLORBOND® steel has been Australia’s favourite steel building materials for more than four decades. With COLORBOND® there are many advantages:
- Design with the colours of Australia
- Made for Australian conditions
- Tested and proved for over 45 years
- Thermal efficiency for all-year comfort – every standard colour in the COLORBOND® steel roofing range now includes Thermatech®. Thermatech® solar reflectance technology can help you maintain greater thermal comfort all-year round, while using less energy.
- Light weight and strong future
Cladding Options Include:Bricks by PGH
PGH Bricks & Pavers™ is one of Australia’s largest and most innovative brick makers. PGH Bricks and Pavers™ kiln fire a blend of clay, sand and shale to produce bricks that are as beautiful and enduring as the rich earth they are formed from.
Here are just a few reasons why to choose bricks:
- Sustainable: natural, recyclable and energy efficient
- Temperature control: with proper design, your home will be warm in winter and cool in summer
- Low maintenance: enduring colours so no need to paint
- Design flexibility: whatever the design or colour trend, there is a brick to suit your individual needs
- Acoustic insulation: reduces noise and lets you enjoy a quiet haven
- Durable: Non-combustible, termite resistance
- Cost effective
Duraplank by BGC
- BGC Duraplank™ is designed and manufactured as a plank which is reminiscent of traditional weatherboards both in appearance and installation methods.
- BGC Duraplank™ is not subject to decay, rot or termite damage and is non-combustible. The result is a safer, more durable cladding that requires minimum maintenance.
- BGC Duraplank™ is available with either a smooth or a wood grain finish.
- BGC Duraplank™ achieves a BAL 29 rating for construction in bushfire prone areas.
- BGC Fibre cement is a proud Australian owned manufacturer.
Weatherboard by CSR or James Hardie
What are the key benefits?
- Resistant to damage from moisture, rotting, termites and fire when installed and maintained correctly to the extent set out in James Hardie’s published literature current at the time of installation
- Good workability
Hebel panels by CSR
Hebel panels are a steel reinforced, 75 mm thick panel manufactured from Autoclaved Aerated Concrete. Put simply, Hebel is a form of concrete that has been aerated and then steam cured under high pressure. The cell structure created in this process gives the panel many product advantages that are outlined below.
One Hebel panel is equivalent in area to around 72 standard bricks and can be installed in 3 minutes, making it a much quicker installation alternative to bricks or blocks.
A 2.7m long panel weighs less than 70kg and is easily carried and lifted into position by two people. Panels are screwed to installed tophat sections and edge glued with Hebel Adhesive.
Insulation by Fletchers
Fletcher Insulation is Australia’s leading insulation company supplying our favourite brands of insulation. Fletchers Insulation complies with the Energy Efficiency provisions of the BCA for all types of Thermal Insulation
- Pink Batts
- Sisalation Foil
- Building Blanket
Gyprock™ plasterboard linings and Cornice by CSR
For homes, Gyprock™ has developed plasterboard wall and ceiling systems and cornice, that perform on multiple levels. They help meet the safety and lifestyle needs of every room in your home from kitchens and bathrooms to living areas and quiet home theatre rooms. Gyprock™ comes with a Lifetime Guarantee.
Windows by Wideline Windows
As one of the largest privately owned and operated manufacturers of window and doors, Widelines commitment is focused on meeting the many and varied needs of architects, builders and homeowners.
Wideline do this through Customer Commitment and Care Values:
- Quality Design and manufacture using the very latest techniques and technology
- Quality Control at every stage
- Exceeding the standards of relevant Australian building authorities
- Research and development that allows us to be at the forefront of design and innovation
- Real pride in the products Wideline offer and the way they are made
- Value for money
- Backing our products with a 7 year written guarantee
- Being in touch with their customer needs and expectations
- Ensuing windows are continually tested by the Council of National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) to give you peace of mind
Doors by Hume Doors
For over 60 years Hume Doors and Timber, which is 100% Australian owned, has supplied products with a renowned reputation for quality, affordability and functional design, all covered with a five year conditional guarantee.
- 100% Australian owned timber door manufacture
- Embracing environmental awareness, protection and enhancement
- Utilising energy to its maximum efficiency
- Utilising recycled products where possible
Door Furniture by Gainsborough
An Australian company, Gainsborough has achieved a pre-eminent position in the world market. Supplying first class porcelain and decorative door furniture.